Sunday, January 1, 2012

Beginnings

My dog Griffy made it through another night of fireworks in Arlee!   He jumped on my bed at the first sounds and stayed there all night.   He shook much less than usual and I'd like to think it is because my presence soothed him, but it could be because he is an old dog and maybe doesn't hear as well as he used to.

I am so happy to turn the calendar page to 2012 today.   It is the first New Year's Day in over 10 years that I feel rested and peaceful.   And deep within I feel a surge of excitement about where life is flowing not only for me but for the world.   It is easy to look at what is wrong (media helps with that for sure) all around.   But the truth is that there is a spirit of freedom and a witness for peace and a sense of unity erupting all over the world that brings joy to my heart.

I've been thinking about the fact that Jehovah Witnesses don't celebrate the holiday "days" that we all mark with such enthusiasm.   Years ago a friend of mine in the faith explained that when we make one day more special than others, we lose the excitement of realizing that every day is the day God made for us.   And I think there is a great deal of truth in that.

Every day is a day to give "thanks", every day is a day to appreciate those we lovve, every day is a day to allow the peace of Christ to be born and to grow in our heart and our life.   Every day is a day to celebrate the joy that our Irish friends bring to the world.    I understand it is important to mark time and I think it is also important to bring those things we celebrate into our every day lives.

Especially New Year's.   Because not only every day, but every instant, every breath brings us the possibility of being fresh and new.   That's the power of Grace.


Let's dance in every day with the sheer pleasure of Becky and Denny dancing at the Arlee End of Construction party!

All wishes for peace, joy, health and abudance to everyone.

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment