Saturday, April 28, 2012

Music

You have no idea what you are missing if you have never heard and seen Andre Floyd perform.   It is one of those multi-sensory experiences that reminds you how deep and diverse your emotions and feelings are.

Last night Andre was generous enough to travel 100 miles to play for us at the Hangin Art Gallery in Arlee and he gave an extraordinary performance.    I was sorry more people didn't come out to hear him play.   It amazes me that when such talented folks come to share their gifts more people don't jump at the chance to come experience their talents and their generosity.

But here is what is on my mind and in my heart this morning.   Andre and I are contemporaries and he sometimes will perform some of John Sebastian's songs.   When he finished last night, I asked an outrageous thing of him -- to play a particular John Sebastian song that I love -- "She's A Lady".   Amazingly he remembered it and played it.  And beautifully at that.

His rendition was heart breakingly beautiful.   Soul-full.   Elegant.   Moving.   It broke open more hearts than mine in that room.   And it certainly broke open the crust that has developed around my own heart over the past "oh so many" years as the demands of work, community and family have slowly and surely changed me from a woman who spent time every day opening her heart to beauty and experiencing love and elegance, to one who wonders how on earth she will get everything done.   It made me remember a time . . . it made me feel like I was still there.   As if that woman still exists and that someday, maybe someday, I will again be a Lady.

Andre my friend I cannot thank you enough.  "I remember times it felt like . . . .it was raining daisies!"

Peace
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I was on Mr Toad's wild ride all week and didn't know about the event until it was over. I can't imagine juggling as many balls as you do.

    ReplyDelete