Friday, December 30, 2011

The Peace in Silence

This beautiful landscape by Eric Jean-Louis of Haiti has graced my bedroom for over 30 years now and it never ceases to bring me a sense of deep peace and silence - soul silence.    I woke in the early hours of this morning relishing the silence around me and the words of the poem "Desiderata" came to me " . . . and remember what peace there may be in silence . . .".    Desiderata . . . that for which we yearn.

I am grateful beyond words for this time of silence.  For days of work without speaking.   For a feeling of restfulness to be returning to me. For feeling a sense of restfulness here at home, not only when I leave to go on vacation.

I am grateful for the peace of silence and grateful beyond words for the artists of all sorts that share their gifts and grace my life.

Many blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment